The cabin charter option is great for those who wish to share the yacht with other passengers, these cruises are friendly and warm, with always very good spirit on board, as to choose this kind of cruise, more authentic and close to Greek culture and nature than cruise-ships, constitutes a "natural filter".
Moreover as our yachts are large and comfortable you can keep your privacy on-board and decide to enjoy romantic dinners on shore - just the two of you if you wish ;-)
Our yachts are 70 to 90 gross tonnage (useful volume), it has nothing to do with a 50 foot sailboat usually around 25 GRT.
Nothing to do also with a boat full of dozens of passengers with its noisy generator running all the time, or some "gulets" with low security and comfort level...
Our schooners are not "luxury". Instead they offer simple comfort, well above that of a smaller sailboat but you're not on a cruise ship.
A trip close to a private yacht ("one table" yacht), but with the authenticity of our traditional wooden boats.
This contribution is 325 Euro per adult (160 for children under 12, 225 from 12 to 18 ) and then nothing is charged on board during the whole week.
The dinners on shore and the crew tips. Cancellation insurance can be included by your credit card payment (check with your Bank), but is often long and complicate. We advise you to take an online travel and cancellation insurance and then pay by wire Bank to Bank without extra fees. This is the link for an insurance where we are referenced, if you live in Europe : insurance.
For the Cyclades cruises we start in Mykonos or Syros harbour.
For a class C or B cabin, it is best to travel with 'soft' luggage.
The boat is rented as a whole ("oliki navlosi") by the whole group, and you agree to be part of it (only 5 or 6 cabins on each schooner and departure is guaranteed with a minimum of 5 or 6 passengers).
It is a grouping system that allows to enjoy a boat over 70 feet at a reasonable price.
It is close to a private yacht cruise, but with the authenticity of our wooden schooners. These yachts are "fifty", means to use sails with engines. Sails give stability and security when there is strong wind, but is rarely possible to use only the sails. On private cruise, if you do not have priority on the itinerary, then is possible to use more the sails if the wind allows it. Air-conditionning on the cabins is working when there is enough power on the shore, and even we have a special system to run it with less power, there is many harbors in Greece not well equiped. We do NOT run the generator all the night for air-conditioning like some yachts are doing, polluting their neighbours all the night. On private cruise we can choose places well equiped if it is more important for you than the itinerary.
These are the 4 ways to make cruises aboard "small boats" (we offer only the option number 3):
We offer the option number 3, with a family atmosphere on board. This means that you put your feet under the table, that the skipper is responsible for navigation, but no one is at the service of anyone, or everyone can be on the service to everyone when needed : team spirit. There are currently no cabin and hotel service and, in one week, each one will probably have the opportunity to put a little "hand dough" on various aspects of life on board (even to launch a drink).
If one is used to cruise ships with a whole part of the crew for passenger's service and expects the same thing, better to choose then a cruise ship or hire a yacht with at least 5 crew members. Our formula has advantages (small group, "as his own boat," access to small coves and fishing villages, authenticity), but everyone can have a small participation and there is no "hotel service".
PAYMENT: If you book at least 8 weeks before departure you can choose to pay in 2 or 3 installments:
1. If you have not yet verified check availability and price following this link
2. Send us an email or call us on +30 6978 196 667 and tell us:
Your choice of dates, number of cabins and the number of persons in your group.
You will receive a confirmation by email in the next 24 hours or immediately by phone.
We give you a 48 hours option allowing you to check your flights before confirming by a deposit.
3. To confirm your booking you have to pay a deposit of 1/3 if you wish to proceed to 3 payments or half if you want to do only 2 payments. Note that less than 8 weeks before departure you have to pay all the amount to secure your booking.
HOW TO CONFIRM by a DEPOSIT or PAY the BALANCE:
1. An easy and usually not over taxed way to pay is by Electronic Bank Transfer click here to get the information you will need to give to your bank.
2. If you want to pay by credit card for insurance reasons, there is important additionnal fees, so you have then to add 2% extra on the amount to pay. Example if your deposit is 1000 Euro, you have to write on "Amount to pay:" 1020 Euro as payment and not 1000. You can follow this link to pay by VISA or MASTERCARD.
3. Finaly, if not any of the previous ways is possible for you, then you can use our PayPal link which accepts all cards but in this case you have to add the fees of 4 % of the amount outside of Eurozone, 3% inside of Eurozone (minimum constated with the currency exchange : it is a shame !). This means that rather to send 5000 you have to send 5200 if you are outside Eurozone, or 5150 inside Eurozone.